JOIN THE SEXEDUCATOR COMMUNITY
Joining The SexEducator community gives you opportunities to be part of a virtual network of sex education professionals who communicate together to share their experiences related to teaching young people.
- You can share comments and opinions about the contents and learning activities presented in the different issues of the magazine.
- You can respond to participants’ comments.
- You can start up a discussion on themes that reflect your concerns regarding the sexuality of adolescents.
DISCUSSION FORUM OF MEMBERS OF THE SEXEDUCATOR COMMUNITY
This forum is a public meeting space that allows community members to communicate together and share their experiences relative to teaching sex education to adolescents using the activities suggested in the magazine.
I find the idea interesting but I have reservations about the group’s level of maturity. I’d like to have you comment or give your impressions about conducting this activity.
Response 1 : I’ve also thought about doing this activity but I had reservations as well. Has anyone ever done it?
Response 2 : I did this activity in class last year and the students responded well. I changed the way of doing it a bit. At first, the students chose a partner and then I asked them to change partners twice. I did that so they could see that the level of comfort we feel being close to somebody can change from one person to another.
- Have a look at our new SITS website (in French only): www.itss.gouv.qc.ca.
- To give your opinion about the magazine, click here.